On Monday, the Premier of Ontario ordered that all non-essential businesses to close during the Covid-19 Pandemic. As a result, CEIEP’s office in Pickering have now been shuttered. However, we have taken steps to allow all of our team to continue to work remotely, which ensures their health and safety while being able to continue to serve our Local Area Committees and their Apprentices/Mechanics during these extraordinary times.
Here’s a list on what we are working on;
· All of our training has been suspended as of March 12th. We fully expect to resume Yrs. 1-4 once we are given the go ahead to return.· We are working with the Provincial Apprenticeship Authorities on specific protocols once we are able to resume classes.
· We continue to update our ten LAC’s weekly.
· We continue to provide the TSSA a monthly list of those Mechanics who have taken a Continuing Education class before March 12th.
· We will continue to provide emergency renewals for to the TSSA and TSBC for of those Mechanics who have taken a Continuing Education class before March 12th.
· We are awaiting a response from the TSSA for those Mechanics who are unable to attend a CE class during these times.
· Rest Assured The CEIEP Trustees are continuously briefed and continue to provide oversight to the Program.